Invited to key meetings, as keynote speaker or not, the EFN Secretary General, and the ENRF Board members, as Dorota Kilanska, have been taking this opportunity to make the Foundation known, including how and why it has been established, its aims and objectives, and how it can contribute to the EU debate.
This has been the case in the following meetings:
- European Summit on Innovation for Active and Healthy Ageing, organised by the European Commission on 9-10 March 2015, where innovation and new ways of cooperation across sectors and organisations to innovate at European scale and help Europe turn this major challenge into an opportunity for jobs, growth and a better quality of life were discussed.
- Med-e-Tel Conference, on 22-24 April 2015, in Luxembourg – where Dorota Kilanska presented the ENS4Care project and its sustainability through the ENRF.
- Swiss Nurses’ Association (SBK-ASI) Congress 2015 on ‘La Plus-Value des Soins Infirmiers’, held in Montreux (Switzerland) on 6-8 May 2015. Participants showed very much interest on the development of ENRF.
- IV Congress of the Ordem dos Enfermeiros (Portugal) “Leadership in Health, building alternatives”, held on 10-12 May 2015, in Lisbon.
- Meeting with Polish Nurses Delegation, at the European Parliament, on 27 May 2015, where the EFN Secretary General presented ENRF objectives.
- Conference on “Innovations in Education, Nursing Practice and Research”, held in Krakow, on 11-12 September 2015.
- Negotiations on EU projects submitted by ENRF – from January to March 2016, with key partners as UEMO, PGEU, Carers, CED, Social Workers, physio, etc.
- Expert Group on European Health Workforce Workshop “Ticking the Boxes or Improving Healthcare and Patient Safety? Optimising continuous professional development of health professionals”, held on 12 February 2016, mentioning that CPD is difficult to capture but we need parameters that would measure its effectiveness. ENRF could work on standardized tools that would measure the CPD effectiveness.
- Conference on “Enhancing Value in European Health Systems: Improving Outcomes”, held at the European Parliament on 15 March 2016
- STOA (Science and Technology Options Assessment) workshop ‘The case for investing in health within the developing world‘, organised at the European Parliament, on 19 April 2016, a good opportunity to promote the research capabilities of ENRF.
- Lecture on ‘EU & Healthcare’, 11 April 2016 & 6 December 2016, at Vives Hogeschool – Kortrijk (Belgium) to nursing students.
- Open Information Day Horizon 2020 – ‘Health, demographic change and wellbeing’, held on 8 July 2016, aiming to provide information on the call topics in the 2017 Work Programme on this topic.
- Innovative Medicines Initiatives (IMI) Stakeholder Forum, held on 28-29 September 2016, where the IMI’s future Calls for proposals, and strategic research areas where discussed.
- Knowledge4Innovation 8th European Innovation Summit, held in the European Parliament, on 14-16 November 2016, which showed that it is key having research alliances. The EFN Secretary General explained that it is crucial to engage frontline into innovation. Do not innovate without frontline.